In the production and processing process of the patch factory, sometimes there will be some processing defects. For the patch processing, the most intuitive feeling is the solder joint quality, which has a direct impact on the quality of PCBA processing. Next, I will introduce to you the common reasons why solder joints are not round in SMT processing.
There may be seven reasons for unrounded solder joints in SMT processing:
1. Slag and bubbles: In the welding process, the solder will react with the PCB surface after melting. At this time, if there are impurities on the solder surface, such as bubbles and solder slag, the solder joint will not be rounded.
2. Improper temperature control: If the temperature is insufficient, the solder will not be completely melted, and the solder joint may not be rounded. On the other hand, if the temperature is too high, the solder joint may become deformed.
3. Insufficient welding time: Short welding time may lead to unrounded solder joints. If the solder does not have enough time to melt and flow during solder joint formation, the solder joint may not be round.
4. Insufficient amount of solder: If the amount of solder is insufficient, the solder joint may not be round. If the amount of solder is too little, the solder joint will not fill the pad adequately.
5. PCB surface is uneven: If the PCB surface is uneven, the solder joint may not be round. During the welding process, the solder will follow the PCB surface to form solder joints. If the PCB surface is not smooth, the solder joints may not be round.
6. The solder particle is too large: if the solder particle is too large, the solder joint may not be round. This is because the solder particles are too large to make the solder joint surface is not smooth.
7. Dirty welding nozzle: If the welding nozzle is not clean, the solder joint may not be round. This is because the dirt on the welding nozzle will affect the fluidity and adhesion of the solder.
Therefore, in the SMT process, in order to ensure the quality of solder joints, it is necessary to pay attention to the above factors, and adjust and improve according to the specific situation.
2. The importance of SMT for miniaturization of electronic products
SMT Mount Technology (Surface Mount Technology) is an electronic component assembly technology that welds electronic components (e.g. resistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, etc.) directly onto the surface of a printed circuit board (PCB) without the need to insert holes through pins (e.g. traditional THD technology). SMT patch processing conforms to the trend of The Times, to achieve non-porous patch, to achieve the miniaturization of electronic products, in PCBA processing plant, SMT patch processing is the important characteristics of precision, speed and adaptability.
The importance of SMT for miniaturization of electronic products
1. Increase the density of the board: Traditional THD technology requires a large number of holes in the PCB to insert the electronic components, thus limiting the density of the board. SMT allows electronic components to be attached directly to the PCB surface, thus reducing the spacing between components and increasing the density of the board.
2. Reduce the size of the circuit board: Since SMT technology can paste electronic components directly onto the PCB surface, the size of the circuit board can be reduced, thus achieving the miniaturization of electronic products.
3. Improve production efficiency: Traditional THD technology requires electronic components to be inserted into PCB holes one by one and connected manually or automatically, which is time-consuming and laborious. SMT technology can realize efficient production through automatic means, thus improving production efficiency.
4. Improve reliability: Due to better solder joint quality and more reliable connection of SMT technology, the failure rate of the circuit board can be greatly reduced, thus improving the reliability of electronic products.
5. Achieve more complex circuit design: Since SMT technology can increase the density of the circuit board, it is possible to achieve more complex circuit design, thus improving the function and performance of electronic products.
To sum up, SMT technology plays an important role in miniaturization of electronic products, which can bring a lot of convenience to the design and production of electronic products by improving the density of the circuit board, reducing the size of the circuit board, and improving the production efficiency and reliability.